The School is Alive!: A Branches Book (Eerie Elementary #1) (Library Binding)
Other Books in Series
This is book number 1 in the Eerie Elementary series.
- #2: The Locker Ate Lucy!: A Branches Book (Eerie Elementary #2) (Library Binding): $15.99
- #3: Recess Is a Jungle!: A Branches Book (Eerie Elementary #3): A Branches Book (Library Binding): $24.99
- #4: The Science Fair is Freaky! A Branches Book (Eerie Elementary #4) (Paperback): $4.99
- #5: School Freezes Over!: A Branches Book (Eerie Elementary #5) (Paperback): $4.99
- #6: Sam Battles the Machine!: A Branches Book (Eerie Elementary #6) (Library Binding): $15.99
- #7: Classes Are Canceled!: A Branches Book (Eerie Elementary #7) (Paperback): $4.99
- #8: The Hall Monitors Are Fired!: A Branches Book (Eerie Elementary #8) (Library Binding): $15.99
- #9: The Art Show Attacks!: A Branches Book (Eerie Elementary #9): A Branches Book (Library Binding): $24.99
- #10: The End of Orson Eerie? A Branches Book (Eerie Elementary #10) (Library Binding): $15.99
This series is part of Scholastic's early chapter book line called Branches, which is aimed at newly independent readers. With easy-to-read text, high-interest content, fast-paced plots, and illustrations on every page, these books will boost reading confidence and stamina. Branches books help readers grow!
In this first book in the series, Sam Graves discovers that his elementary school is ALIVE! Sam finds this out on his first day as the school hall monitor. Sam must defend himself and his fellow students against the evil school! Is Sam up to the challenge? He'll find out soon enough: the class play is just around the corner. Sam teams up with friends Lucy and Antonio to stop this scary school before it's too late!
About the Author
Sam Ricks is the illustrator of the Eerie Elementary early chapter book series. He also illustrated Get a Hit, Mo!, which won the 2016 Geisel Award. He is the lead graphic design faculty at The Art Institute of Salt Lake City. Sam lives in Utah with his family.
"The plot and twisted storyline will serve the beginning chapter book reader well. Word choice, action, and crisp sketches support the story, allowing early readers to develop ideas and easily follow the plot." -LIBRARY MEDIA CONNECTION
"Give this early chapter book to readers who want something scary but aren't ready for the 'Goosebumps' or 'Scream Street' series." -SCHOOL LIBRARY JOURNAL
"Dynamic, cartoonish illustrations amp up the action, and fun onomatopoeia provides atmosphere....Readers who relish the action of Dav Pilkey's Ricky Ricotta series and the just-beyond-safe scares of R.L. Stine's Rotten School titles may want to enroll at Eerie Elementary." -BOOKLIST
"Chabert hits just the right horror note for transitional readers, with thrills that include a dash of absurd humor and fall tactfully short of being truly frightening....Simple sentence structure, some repetitive (but not tedious) vocabulary and a direct storytelling style make this a worthy and creepy addition to the Branches series, and the scary story aspect will likely pull in a few reluctant readers. Ricks' illustrations add an appropriately gloomy but playful touch." -BULLETIN OF THE CENTER FOR CHILDREN'S BOOK